Wednesday, July 19, 2006

TINUOLA

Tinuola Arowolo is a Nigerian model based in NYC…..she had a very successful commercial modelling career for several years and was featured in magazines such as Essence. She also graduated from the prestigious, Stern School of Business @ NYU and worked for Arthur Anderson for a little while.
She launched a music project some years ago and released an album using the name, T-Naija.
The album actually debuted on the Billboard R&B Charts when it was released in 2003.
Anyway, Tinuola is back with an online store called myuniqueshop. Click HERE to visit the site. The site stocks an array of luxury goods but the item building the most buzz is something called the 'Tinu ShoeBag'. This patented shoe-bag has been featured in various fashion mags and some celebrities have been started totting it…
Here are some pics of Tinuola and the 'Tinu ShoeBag'…what do u guys think? The ultimate fashionista fantasy? Or just plain ugly?

I really like Tinuola, I think she is really stunning and she also seems like a really determined and focused person…..but that ‘shoebag’ is not for me……

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loveee Tinu {been following her for years now}

I love your blog, Bella. I think I am addicted!!

Errata said...

I love her items, I will surely make a purchase soon.
I think she is ingenious. Her tenacity is fierce.

Im still out on the bag; the pucci ones are to die for

Anonymous said...

I love tinuola but that shoe bag is urgggg

FabFemme said...

i dont like the shoe bag idea..its not attractive at all...at least she is doing her thing..good luck to her

Anonymous said...

Wow, some very lovely pictures... beautiful!

Aramide said...

Lovin ur blog bella pls will u be able to zip n email me some songs u have on your posts...the links have expired cos yousendit is only 7 days...anyways can i email you the ones n and can u zip n send me please :o) PRETTY PLEASE! Thanks...bellanaija@gmail.com right? Holler back or at ma blog xxx

1511th said...

I really like tinu too but as for the shoebage ?????

Mari said...

Ugly mehn. Never heard of her but I like her site though. Nice hookup Bella

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

dunno about this shoe bag.....lol

Bella Naija said...

yeah mona just email me at bellanaija@gmail.com....tell me the ones u want....ciao

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, thanks for your lovely comment about the site. I know most of you "here" don't like the shoebag. I must say that will be a first as Stacy J from the Apprentice show (check wireimage.com, or gettyimage.com) recently chose to carry the bag for her perfume launch party. That was only a few weeks ago. I don't know why someone here (without proof)would say celebs stopped toting it when 4 others are have actually requested it AGAIN for the upcoming oscars. Nicollete Sheridan and Teri Hatcher did the honors last year for oscar parties. Well I guess we can't all please everyone. Nevertheless I love this site. I'm glad a friend was kind enough to send me this link so I can actually see what my own people think of my creations and activity in this country be it hate or love. I will always support my own. Thanks again for all your concerns and love.
Kisses

Tinuola herself :-)

Bella Naija said...

Tinuola....Thank you so much for the comment...
I meant, celebrities have 'started' carrying the bag not 'stopped' (i have corrected it)...anyway, we have resolved it and I'm glad about tht....
U will always have my overwhelming support because u r an inspiration!
Even if people dont like the bag(as you said, life is not about pleasing everyone)...anyway, everyone stated that they luv and admire u sooo more grease to ur elbows...

Anonymous said...

I have loved Tinuola since I stumbled over her while she was still doing modelling fulltime (I think it was 200). It's something about the way she has managed to stay focused. I love that she is taking modeling a step further and doing something that kind of relates to her degree. The shoe bag is different, yes. But I'm not so crazy about it.

Do your thing girl!

Bella, more ororo to your orokun.

Anonymous said...

Tinu, keep up the good work. i'm really proud of you, ur originality about the shoebag is impressive cos i love creative minds.wishing you the best in your endeavours and keep the green-white-green flying sista